The Division Agents, also known as TDA, strives to become the premiere community-hub for all fans of Ubisoft's The Division. We would like to provide a centralized location for news, discussion, clan and group recruitment, and even creative fan content. We're here to provide QUALITY in all aforementioned facets.
Basic Posting Guidelines
- Proofread your post! This is not a high-speed instant messaging session with your buddies; this is a forum! Take your time. Process your thoughts before you hit the post button.
- Ensure your post is typed in legible English; avoid l33t5p33k, and excessive internet shorthand, acronyms, and emotes. We are not demanding perfect spelling and grammar, but at the very least, proper use of punctuation, line breaks, etc.
- DO NOT POST YOUR WHOLE TOPIC IN ALL CAPS! However, you can highlight a few sentences and/or words throughout your post with capitals to emphasize. Typing a whole post in caps signifies yelling, and is extremely annoying.
- Do not post if you wish to abuse large text or annoying colors.
- Do not post if you do not know for sure what you're talking about. You know what they say about the blind leading the blind.
- If you are posting a question, use the search function to see if the question has been asked and answered before. Use the advanced options to narrow down searches to specific forums or forum groups, or users.
- Always use the Preview button, located next to the Submit button, before posting, so you can see what your post looks like before you post. Use it to make sure links and images work.
No posting of objectionable content. Staff will remove content they consider inappropriate as they see fit. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Pornography of any kind
- Gross/shock images (i.e. goatse/tubgirl)
- Piracy of copyrighted materials
- If a staff member locks your topic, do not reopen it.
This includes any kind of personal insult, flame or intimidation. Responding in kind to a flame message is viewed as equally unacceptable, regardless of who started it. If you believe you are being insulted or otherwise flamed by another poster, please PM a forum moderator or admin rather than responding. This applies to both written text and image posting.
There is no need to turn disagreements into heated arguments. Rather than letting these threads become flame wars please agree to disagree or the thread is likely to be locked.
Repeatedly posting the same post or topic in a forum, or across multiple forums, is considered spamming. Such posts will be locked, edited or removed. Intentional off topic or nonsense posting is also likely to be considered spam and will receive the same treatment, especially if this takes an existing thread off topic. This applies to both written text and image posting which also includes Meme's.
If you think of something else you want to add to the thread, please use the Edit button rather than making multiple posts in a row as this may also be seen as spamming, whether intentional or not.
Stay On Topic
Please make sure your post is going in the correct forum. We have specific forums for specific categories and you should utilize these to the best of your ability. Threads that are off topic, or become so, may be moved or locked.
Making short posts made with the sole intention of keeping posts near the top of the forum is called “bumping”. This raises forum traffic and clutter unnecessarily and moves more active threads down the page. As such it is not allowed and may result in the thread being locked or deleted and persistent offenders may have their posting privileges removed.
Similar to the above, if you have additional thoughts to add to a post and you have the last post in a thread, use the Edit button to add to your previous reply instead of making new posts. The forum should automatically restrict you from multi-posting, but any users found to be circumventing this feature may be subject to phaving their posting privileges removed.
Interacting With Other Users
- Give other users a degree of respect, even if it seems they do not deserve it. If a user is truly being a problem, PM a staff member to see if the issue can be resolved. Do not troll or flamebait users, and do not respond to flamebait.
- In the same vein, if someone seems to be "disconnected" from a certain reality, do not be a complete dick when correcting them or stating the facts. We do feel that sometimes, people need to wake up and smell the coffee, but bashing them in the process or being excessively harsh isn't needed.
- Avoid dragging on drama needlessly by not parroting other users (bandwagoning) or further trolling users who are acting in an undesirable manner.